In this issue there are several heavy topics:
• Survey on bottlenecks and capacity gaps on the corridor
• New report: Cargo flows and passenger statistics
• NECL II supports the proposal of Bothnian Corridor to TEN-T network
• Related issues on the corridor:
- the electrification of the Meråker Line in Norway
- The challenges of Quark traffic between Finland and Sweden
- The railway track between Kaskinen and Seinäjoki in troubles
- Is development of border crossing between Finland and Russia sufficient?
- The sulphur regulation arouses different opinions
• Options for the new logistics centre in Trondheim
• Food transports important for the new logistics area in Seinäjoki
• ICT first Case study: Matching of empty containers at the port of Söråker, Sweden
Promoting the corridor at TransRussia 2012-exhibition during 24-27 April in Moscow:
welcome to our stand A213 (Pavilion 2, Hall 1) and
our miniseminar on Wednesday 25/4 in Hall 1 (Pavilion 8).
Thank you for reading and hopefully even distributing the newsletter further to interested!
Want also to remind you about following upcoming event:
• 15-16 August, Mid-term conference of NECL II —project, in Vaasa, Finland.