Port of Kaskinen, Cities of Jyväskylä and Seinäjoki all play an important role from a perspective of the Midnordic Corridor. After closedown of Kaskinen Pulp Mill in 2009 Port of Kaskinen has available free modern port infrastructure, ready experienced and skilled personnel and ready access to main railway and to main roads east/west as well as north/south. The east/west railway and the main road also passes through Cities of Seinäjoki and Jyväskylä. By Finnish standards there is considerable flow of goods through these cities and Port of Kaskinen. There is an obvious need for all functioning goods terminals there.
--> NECL II -project will launch 3 different feasibility studies to further investigate the possibility to establish Goods Delivery Center in Port of Kaskinen and Combiterminals in Seinäjoki, Östersund and Ånge in Sweden, in cooperation with logistics in Jyväskylä.
• Combiterminal in Östersund
To be accomplished...
Logistic Centers in the Midnordic region:
• Nordic Logistic Center Umeå: www.nlc.se
• Jernhusen Kombiterminaler, eg. in Sundsvall: http://kombiterminaler.se/
• Vaasa Airport Logistics Center VALC: www.valc.fi/logistics.html
• Innoroad park, Jyväskylä: www.innoroadpark.fi/en/
• Implementation of Vaasa Airport Logistics Center: